Creating a yacht charter website is truly a big project! After spending years in the yacht charter industry creating yacht charter websites, we have gathered some tips and tricks you should find interesting.
When making your yacht charter website first thing comes to mind –how to get more visitors? Second thing -how to provide the best experience?
Let us help you answer these questions.
Making a yacht charter website can be a challenge. We know. Especially, one that serves the actual purpose of informing the potential client of your services. How to make a yacht charter website which is efficient and attractive?
Well, search no more, here are some tips and tricks. Each website in the yacht charter business has a couple of key elements. Those key elements are important for your SEO, marketing, and in the end, sales.
So, let’s get started!
Tips and tricks for your yacht charter website – DESIGN
- In order for potential clients to quickly and easily find and choose a yacht you offer, the design must be clean and user-friendly. All the important information about your company should be clear from the homepage.
- Yacht search box (search engine) should be placed on a strategic spot, which is immediately visible to your visitors, upon opening your homepage. This is a strategic and marketing move as most of the clients want to see the yachts before sending you an inquiry.
- Your yacht charter website will feel more personal if you have pictures of yourself and your colleagues. This helps build trust and rapport with your clients and it is more likely they will contact you.
Tips and tricks for your website – CONTENT
- Keep your visitors informed with interesting and updated content. New quality content will give you returning visitors and guarantee a high ranking of your website on Google search results. Adding new articles or changing some information every couple of weeks is very helpful for your ranking on Google.
- Keep your content original, fresh and relevant – dedicate a bit of time each week to add a new article to your website. Select related topics that interest your site visitors and add texts about those topics – this will surely aid your success.
- Make sure you have made a keyword planner for your content! By using the right keywords people would be able to find you on Google for the specific yachting services you offer.
- Special tip: You need to place the keywords strategically throughout your homepage and landing pages.
- You may not realize this, but even your images get scored by Google (and other image-based search engines). If you want more traffic, you should use as many as possible original images, and name each image file with descriptive text using the keyword planner.
Tips and tricks for your website – TECHNICAL SEO
- In order to provide your client the best experience on your website, you should use a helpful tool – breadcrumbs. Breadcrumbs are here to help your client keep track of their moving through your website and with them they can easily navigate through your pages. They are also good for your ranking on Google and may help you boost your page to the first page of search results.
- A step that is also important and you may consider implementing on your website is the landing page. A landing page is a page that appears in response to clicking on a search engine and it shows some kind of result (in our case that can be a yacht page, blog post, etc.)
- The conversion page is closely linked to the landing page. The conversion page is a page in which clients takes an action (for example- sending you an inquiry about the yacht or book the yacht directly). It is essentially a sales page where the ultimate goal is to convert the visitor into a client.
Special tip: There has to be a maximum of 3 steps (clicks) between landing pages and conversion page.
- Links to your social networks need to be visible and easily accessible to your clients. Being active in social media helps attain brand awareness and keeps your clients engaged.
- Make your links and URLs user-friendly. URLs are important when it comes to marketing, ranking on Google. Unattractive URLs are not only hard for you to read and remember, but search engines have the same problem with ranking them in a usable and reliable format (this is how Google works).
- If some other website has a link that leads to your website, your website will be immediately better ranked on Google and vice versa. This is called cross-linking and it is a must for SEO!
At the end of the day make sure you are genuine on your yacht charter website. Simply stating facts in the content that you can not deliver will backfire. All of these tips and tricks can be perfected through time, you will add your own, so keep the pace slow.
It is better to make a great website than a fast and poor one. It is a marathon, not a sprint.
And remember- PEOPLE BUY FROM PEOPLE!
Till next time, stay digital!